Alt Right Ultras
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the Future of the Group

3 posters

Go down

On the Future of the Group Empty On the Future of the Group

Post by DukeWu Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:31 pm

On the Future of the Group Petepo10

Pete has stated our current situation most concisely and in a way no one can better. I'm not going to waste time and energy reiterating this worse than it's already been stated.

I'm not going to bullshit you: things are bad. The 2 year project that is the Ultras is coming to an important fork in the road, and it's all due to circumstances beyond our control; we merely must respond appropriately. As Pete said, Facebook has de facto control of the group, which is actually kind of worse than them just shutting it down. They still get to data mine without the hassle of having shitlords control the mining. With my profile effectively banned, I am personally prepared to abandon Facebook outright. At this rate, creating new profiles and groups is, as I see it, a waste of time, a delay of the inevitable. We're not welcome there, and it's time to leave. However, having sunk 2 years' worth of my free time into this, I'm not prepared to have this end just yet. I cannot speak for the other admins, of course, but from my estimations Peter seems ready for this transition as well, Iain not so much. I believe Iain still wants to give it a go, though for reasons he alone understands.

The Ultras suffers perennially from the Tall Poppy Syndrome. Tossing aside false modesty, Ultras is bigger than its boots in all respects: it had the best members, the best administration, and the best productivity of any group in GamerGate, and has kept that tradition strong post-GG. In the absence of any real organization representing the Alt-Right, the Ultras has been a stand-in. Ultimately, that's my personal goal with things such as this forum and initiatives such as the Nox Gladii: to create a standing foundation for the alternative conservative movement, to form a legitimate entity that can propel the valid concerns of the Alt Right from "club of edgy racists" to a real driving force, based on solidarity and civility. It's being made difficult on various accounts, but I believe it is a goal worth fighting for.

The sad truth about posting here is that, often, I'm preaching to the converted. By being here, you already have accepted my countless warnings which are now coming into fruition. I said that by July the group would be killed by Facebook, and it effectively has been. I warned people for at least the past month, longer than that really, that they would make good on their threats. As of yet, very few have taken notice. You're the exception of course, and for that I thank you. Many of our 1400 members will likely not even deign to read this post, or any other, and will happily let the group die without any care. As any group, it's 5% dedicated members, 10% committed but not dedicated members, 65% audience members, and 20% miscellaneous non-members (from enemy spies, to neutral shitposters, what have you).

The numbers are reflected here. 73 members out of 1412 members are on the forum, that's 5.17%, meaning we're about 3% more dedicated than the average group. That's something to be somewhat proud of. But, I won't be satisfied until all 15% of the dedicated circle are in (that would mean 212 members being on the forums), so my desperate recruitment drive continues, and I pray you lot join me. As I recruit, I am doing my best to provide engaging content for the forums, and again I ask for your help. The Ultras has always been a community effort, and not a top-down adminocracy as so many other failed organizations. As a capitalist, I believe satisfying clients is the topmost priority in identifying success. As the members of the Ultras, you are my clients, and I live to serve from my roost here in the admin shack.

In conclusion, the Ultras has the potential to be on the vanguard of the Alt-Right. We have all the resources necessary. But as a lumber yard rots to mulch if left untended for a century, we will too; and so we must built our cabin here where we can be safe of the sweeping fires of social media and their tyrannical leftist ways. Only here can we know peace, to prepare the world for the coming darkness, to save the West from itself, to maintain a candlelight in this vigil of darkness.
DukeWu
DukeWu
Consul
Consul

Denarii : 3212

Career
Standing:
On the Future of the Group Left_bar_bleue200/200On the Future of the Group Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)
Medals:
EoT Influence: 0

https://arultra.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

On the Future of the Group Empty Re: On the Future of the Group

Post by Arsaces_Arsacid Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:49 am

Would it be worth it to appoint more admins for the facebook group?
Arsaces_Arsacid
Arsaces_Arsacid
Nox Gladiatore
Nox Gladiatore

Denarii : 3000

Career
Standing:
On the Future of the Group Left_bar_bleue200/200On the Future of the Group Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)
Medals:
EoT Influence: 0064

Back to top Go down

Post by DukeWu Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:04 pm

a) If we could, we wouldn't have this problem in the first place. None of us have access to our accounts, and even if we wanted to, we couldn't add more admins.

b) We've experimented with as many as 12 admins in the past, and this is why past Ultras groups have fallen apart. Iain was wary having on Peter and myself. Idk how he'd feel having even more. Personally, I'm against it, due to the adage: more admins, more problems
DukeWu
DukeWu
Consul
Consul

Career
Standing:
Medals:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lichdar Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:06 am

It looks like we will survive yet.

Lichdar
Freeman

Denarii : 2878

Back to top Go down

Post by DukeWu Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:08 am

Yes.
DukeWu
DukeWu
Consul
Consul

Career
Standing:
Medals:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down